1. Do you accept credit cards
Yes we do – VISA & MASTERCARD only.
2. What payment options do you accept?
Mainly South African Rands (ZAR) & Namibian Dollars (NAD), but also Euros & American Dollars.
3. From what time may I check in?
From 14h00 until 21h00 (if you are arriving earlier, please let us know so that we can prepare for you).
4. From what time may I check out?
Anytime before 10h00 (if checking out late please let us know in advance).
5. Can I check in after 21h00?
Yes, but please contact us in advance to make arrangements. Late check-in will do a self-check-in which we will explain upon request.
6. How do I get there from the airport?
Very Easy! Our airport is tiny, so you won’t have any problems acquiring a reliable shuttle that can bring you right to UrbanCamp. If flying out, please ask reception to help book you a shuttle to the airport.
7. How far is the airport from the city?
The Windhoek International (Hosea Kutako International Airport) is 40 km (25 mi) or about 45 minutes outside Windhoek.
8. Is there space for rooftops tents at the campsites?
Yes, there is also ample space for motor homes, trucks and caravans too.
9. Do you have electricity points?
Each campsite has an allocated power point. We utilize South African 3 point plugs.
10. Do you have laundry facilities?
Yes we do, please ask at reception.
11. Do you have WiFi at your campsite?
Indeed! We offer free WiFi at Urban Camp.
12. Do you offer breakfast?
We do offer breakfast from about 07h30 to 10:00
13. Do you offer Lunch & Dinner?
Yes we also offer lunch and dinner. The kitchen closes a bit before 21:00 - the bar abound 22:00. Click here to view our menus.
14. Are pets allowed on your premises?
Well behaved dogs are allowed on our premises but must be leashed. Strictly no bull terriers or similar breeds are allowed. Owners are responsible for all actions of their dog.
15. Do you have long stay specials/ discounts?
Yes we do, please contact reception.
16. Do you offer specials for over-landers?
Yes, please contact reception.
17. Do you have hot showers available?
Yes we do have hot water in drinking water quality.
18. Is it safe to walk daytime?
Generally it is fine to walk but we do not encourage it particularly when on your own.
19. Is it safe to walk at night?
We do not encourage it at all. Please remember you are in an African capital city.
20. How do the taxis work in Windhoek?
Shared taxis are easily available – simply stop one passing by. We can also arrange for a private cab for you.
21. Are children allowed on your campsite?
Of course! In fact, children under 12 years stay for free IF accompanied by parents.
E & O.E